If you have a commercial van for business or other use, you may be carrying tools and a lot of other items with you – so organization is important. There are various different ways that your tools and equipment, invoices, and whatever you may require for your line of work may be stored in your commercial van. Let’s take a look at five of the different ways that your van may be organized:
- Cabinets – There are a great many cabinets available on the market today that can help you with your organizational needs. Depending the layout and the sizing of the space, there are different cabinet options. Some cabinets are smaller and have short door while others are a full door cabinet locker – you can have with or without shelving inside. Also depending on your line of work, there are specific use cabinets – like a cabinet specifically for a CO2 tank.
- Interior Shelving – Various shelving packages are available catered to your line of work i.e. HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, General Service, etc. If you don’t like a pre-designed package, there are various other shelving types as well in different metals and materials that you can pick from to help with your storage needs if you prefer.
- Tool Drawers – Depending on the industry that you work in, you may work with tools such as: hammers, saws, screwdrivers, etc. If you work with a lot of tools, they can take up quite a bit of room in your van. Tool drawers of different sizes (compact to jumbo – dependant on tool size) are available for your storage and organizational needs.
- Bulkhead/Partition – One of the most practical accessories that you can have is a partition which is also called a bulkhead. This is a divider right behind the driver which also helps to provide safety, noise reduction, and climate control in the front cabin of the van. An added bonus is that it helps greatly with organization. There are a lot of accessories that you can add onto the partition which adds more storage for your invoices, tools, and other items for your business.
- Roof Rack / Rails – You can transport many different things on the roof of your van, if you have the right hardware. A roof deck, roof rails, and cargo rack are all available to help you be able to attach things such as a ladder or PVC pipe to your roof.
There are pre-designed organizational packages that may interest you, but each commercial van is fully customizable to your own needs and wants. When you get your vehicle organized, your job should go a little smoother each day.